Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2015

To all the boys I've loved before - Jenny Han #Blogmas 23

amazon











Novel
out since 15.04.2014
368 pages, Paperback

ISBN: 978-1-4814-1775-4
€ 9,20



Content 

Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.  

Own Opinion

This book has been on my wish list for a long time. 
When I finally finished all the books I stored at home, I ordered it on Amazon. 
I was a little bit afraif that it might be a little difficult to understand it, like it is written in English. But already after I had read the first few pages, my fear disappeared. 
The language can be understood very easily and like that it was easy to follow the plot. I really liked the book but it was not mindblowing. 
Honestly I think it is just a good book you can read in between, when you have time and don't want to read something you have to think about much. The charaters are all really cool, but some of them have character traits I don't like. 
By mentioning this, I'm talking about Lara Jeans big sister Margot, but her features are explained throughout the book, and especially the neighbour boy Josh. Frankly, I absolutely don't understand what Lara Jean and her sisters like so much about him. Of course, most time he is a nice guy, but sometimes he is also a complete jerk. 
There are also people I like really much, for example Lara Jean herself, even though I can't really understand some of her actions, but those make the book quite funny. Also Peter Kavinsky is a cool character, like he is not how everybody thinks. 
When I finished the book I was a little disappointed about the end, because there are still a few open questions, but the I found out that it is a sequel and the next book is called 'P.S. I still love you'. 
In general, the story line is not really surprising and you can guess most of the things that happen. 

Finally, you can say that the book has a nice story line and also nice characters, but that is the point. It is only nice and not amazing. Nevertheless I really appreciated the book and I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

- Franzi

✩✩✩✩